Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Research Follies

A study in New York claims to have found the cause of gray hair.  They injected a certain protein into black mice and found that their hair lightened.  They believe that this research may lead to a cure or preventive treatment for gray hair. Of course, this begs the question as to whether or not such a thing is medically necessary, but I'll leave that for others to figure out.

Funny, I thought this was where gray hair came from:







I swear, before the summer of 1992, I had a full head of thick, dirty blond hair.  Now my hairline is heading north at an accelerating rate, there's more white and gray in my beard than brown, and my temples are starting to look "distinguished".  And I'm pretty sure the damage is permanent.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.