Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spidey Sense Tingling

OK, I'm probably way off on this, but something's making the back of my neck tingle about three things in the news over the past few days:

  • A Muslim Marine reservist was arrested in Washington DC with a fake bomb and a notebook full of things about the Taliban and Al Qaeda.
  • An illegal immigrant from Guyana stole an identity and worked as a flight attendant.
  • Intelligence gathered when an Al Qaeda leader in Somalia was killed indicates that an attack on London ala Mumbai is either in the planning or preparation stage.

I'm probably just seeing a pattern in chaos, but the methodology of Al Qaeda in the past has been to do a few soft probes to watch our reaction, make a plan adapted to our reaction, make dry runs to see if our preventive measures can be penetrated, and then to drop the hammer.   These things look like plans, probes, and dry runs to me.

What do you all think?  Do these and similar incidents mean the same to you guys or am I just being paranoid?

3 comments:

Peter said...

No, you're not being paranoid. I've been saying for years that a Beslan- or Mumbai-style attack will happen in the USA, sooner or later. Imagine what a bunch of hardened terrorists can do if they get into an elementary school . . .

It's coming. I don't doubt that for a moment.

Maura said...

Living just outside of DC, I look to the sky with wide eyes when I hear an airplane flying too low. I flinch at my desk at work when I hear the F-16s scrambling out of AAFB and climbing high over my office building.

At this point, it is a when, not an if.

MrGarabaldi said...

I am expecting another attack at any time, obummer has pretty much disassembled all that W had done. With the rampant political correctness, people are afraid to say anything disparaging of islam. Profiling.....Not a chance...that might be racist. WHen ever I know that somebody is a muslim, I wonder where his loyalty lies.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.