Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'll believe it when it snows in May

Scientists are now predicting that solar activity may be low for the next decade or so.  They believe that this will cause lower global temperatures, with all of the consequences such a thing can bring.

Forgive me if I don't panic.

When I was a child, the ice age was on its way back.  As a teenager, we were all going to die in a post-apocalyptic nuclear winter.  As an adult, I was told that the planet would grow so warm that millions would starve from the drought and coastal flooding.

Now we're back to lower than normal temps.

I'll wait until I start to see blizzards in May again, and the Ohio freezes solid enough to walk on before I start to give credence to this new theory.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.