Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I just don't understand

I've never been an addict, unless you count caffeine.  I hate needles, really don't care for smoking, and don't enjoy being drunk enough to want to do it with something that hits me harder and lasts longer.

I've watched the countryside become the site of 1000's of illicit meth labs.  I've watched cars burning on the side of the road because their mobile lab overheated in the trunk.  I've seen the pictures of people who went from age 25 to 50 in months because of the effects of cocaine or meth.

And now a way to cook codeine into a more potent drug is coming out of Russia.  And the bonus is that in addition to the risks of hepatitis, HIV, and overdose, this new drug, called "krokodil" kills the skin at the injection site, turns it green and scaly, and ultimately makes it fall off.

You know, I just don't get it.  Getting drunk, stoned, high, or whatever is bad enough, but to do it knowing that the substance you're using is going to turn your skin green and cause it to rot away?

I guess you just have to be there to understand.

3 comments:

Josh Kruschke said...

I don't know.....

Old NFO said...

These are people who cannot cope with reality... and they retreat into 'their' little stoner world for the few moments of euphoria they can get.

Jay G said...

WAIT.

It turns the skin green and scaly?

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

ZOMBOCALYPSE!!!

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.