Saturday, June 11, 2011

This is my shocked face

After the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, Pakistan was a bit butt hurt over not being consulted.   Apparently, in an effort to mend a few fences with our 'allies' in Karachi, the U.S. government shared intelligence on a few Taliban/Al Qaeda facilities and personalities with the Pakistani intelligence service.  But when Pakistani troops raided these locations last week, they found them empty.

Now, I'm not saying that the insurgents were tipped off.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence that between the OBL raid on May 2 and the Pakistani raid that grew out of our shared intelligence on June 4 that the bad guys all decided to move and take their bomb factories with them.  Only a paranoid racist that dislikes both the Pakistanis and President Obama on a personal level would think that someone gave the terrorists a warning.  I'm sure that our allies in the war on terror just cashed the check that came with the intelligence, spent the money on nursery schools and ice cream factories, and were very diligent about their information and operations security.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Nigerian prince who wants me to send him a check in exchange for the deed to the Brooklyn bridge.  Something tells me I'm more likely to get a profit out of that than to continue our continued flushing of $100 bills in Pakistan.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.