Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'll take some

Officials in New York say that ammunition that has been found at the bottom of New York Harbor may be from a barge that broke up and dumped its cargo in the 1950's.  They say that the ammunition probably isn't dangerous because of water getting into the cartridges.

However, I'd like to be on the record as saying that if any of this ammunition is viable and sealed in spam cans, I'd be interested in taking it off of their hands.

I've got CMP .30-06 that was manufactured in 1953, and ComBloc 7.62x54r that was manufactured in the 1960's.  The cans the 54r came in look like they were buried under a tool shed behind an apartment building before they were dug up, dusted off, and sold to the importer.  The M-2 ball is in great shape, although it must have been stored in a cow barn somewhere in England until the CMP got hold of it.

It amazes me when people won't shoot bullets that are more than a couple of years old.  As long as they're intact and don't show corrosion, I'll use them.

If Secretary Panetta is interested in letting me dispose of any viable ammunition his crew may find, I can be contacted through the comments.  I'll be waiting.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm in :-) Oldest ammo I ever shot was 1898... It shot, but I'm surprised the bullet made it to the paper! We got a bunch of 30-06 one time that was FA-17 head stamped!

DaddyBear said...

Nothing like a functional antique!

Heidi said...

Hello Daddy Bear,

I represent LuckyGunner.com and we specialize in offering in stock product, fast shipping, and great customer service.

We have found that a lot of our customers appreciate product reviews and feel more confident in their purchases if they can read a review and relate with someone who has already tested the product. Given your strong following of firearm and ammo enthusiasts, would you be willing to review some free Lucky Gunner product for me?

In the past, LuckyGunner.com has worked with the below bloggers to help spread the word on the products we carry and how they perform:
JerkingTheTrigger
Confederate Yankee
HausOfGuns
TheDonovan

If you’re interested, please let me know what calibers you shoot and we can discuss the details.

Thanks for your time!
Heidi
LuckyGunner.com

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.