Monday, June 6, 2011

For you preppers out there

While we made our trip to the hardware store for paint on Sunday, I stumbled across a pre-packaged, long shelf-life form of protein:




Although, I must say, this would have to be my last resort to put a little protein into the daily soup in the event of TEOTWAWKI.  I'd have to be completely out of fish, squirrels, rabbits, deer, skunk, groundhogs, and household pets before I'd mix these into the Hamburger Helper.  I've eaten a few insects and the like before, and they lacked texture, flavor, and that whole mouth feel that makes food satisfying.  And good luck getting the kids to eat their dinner with this stuff, unless you make it into a Fear Factor kind of thing.

1 comment:

bluesun said...

I. Would. Rather. Starve.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.