Thursday, May 5, 2011

People Pictures from Pittsburgh

Now that we know all of the hardware that I saw in Pittsburgh, here are a few pics of the people:

First, the anti-gun protest that blew through on Saturday:



  

Seriously, there were about 50 or 60 people milling around at one of the intersections behind the convention center.  They were led by one of the local pastors in wanting the NRA leadership to come out and talk to them.  What the NRA board would be able to do, other than to cave in and make statements about guns that they knew were false is beyond me.  This is where I met UncleNancy R., and her Sweet Daughter.

The police pretty much stood by for a few minutes, but after having to tell the crowd to not block the sidewalks and street one too many times, they 'asked' the group to move on.  Silly east coast hippies don't even know to sit down when they're being hassled by the man.

Next, we find  JayG, who got that faraway look while looking at an oversized bayonet:

Last but certainly not least, we find Nancy R. and Weer'd Beard getting in touch with their inner Crockett and Tubbs.  They really rocked those shoulder holsters.


There would be more, but for the life of me, I can't find my second memory card for the camera.  If I find it, I'll post more.  I'm definitely looking forward to the next time I can get together with the gunblogger crew.  Thanks to everyone who made the NRA Annual Meeting more than a convention!

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

And that just happens to be my bayonet. Smallest one I own, too. *grin*

Weer'd Beard said...

Nancy, just means you need a LaserLyte Pistol bayonet for your XD!

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.