Thursday, September 8, 2011

News Roundup

  • From the "Wasn't Me!" Department - A family in California watched a bear break into their Toyota Prius, tear it up, then take it for a spin down the driveway and into a neighbor's yard.  I think I need to call my family in the Bay Area to make sure none of the nephews have beein in Tahoe recently.  Although I am impressed that the bear was able to get a Prius down a driveway, over a wall, and up onto a porch.  
  • From the "Rolly Polly Fishheads" Department - A state trooper in Washington spent part of his evening shoveling a load of fish heads off of a highway the other day.  Something tells me that wasn't covered at the academy.  I'm also pretty sure his wife was less than enthused when he came home from work smelling like trout.
  • From the "Ghost With The Most" Department - Believe it or not, Hollywood is trying to make a sequel to the 1988 movie "Beetlejuice".  I feel relief at this. I mean, there was so much left to say at the end of the original.  No word yet on who will act in the film, although I'm sure the sand worms are available.  My gut tells me this will go into the "Films I Refuse to Admit Exist" folder along with "Highlander 2", "Star Trek V",  and "Starship Troopers".
  • From the "Reach Out and Touch Someone" Department - A woman in the Netherlands has been charged with stalking after calling an ex-boyfriend over 65,000 times in a year.  Either this man is a god, or this lady needs a membership to a dating site as a birthday present. This would be one of those situations where you wish you could send shocks to the other end of the telephone line.  Although I have to ask:  Didn't the guy know he could change his number and stay unlisted?



1 comment:

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

"Highlander 2", "Star Trek V", and "Starship Troopers"

You had to mention those, didn't you. Now I have to get the brain bleach so I can re-forget their existence.

"A woman in the Netherlands has been charged with stalking after calling an ex-boyfriend over 65,000 times in a year."

That's roughly an average of 180 times a day, or 11 times an hour if she slept 8 hours.

I believe the proper phrase is "mentally disturbed."

wv: pantst - What does Robb have to do with it?

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.