Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Credit where credit is due

OK, I'll be the first to admit that while I like sports, I have a low opinion of athletes in general.  It's a bias on my part, and I admit that it's irrational and probably based on several things that have happened in my life.


But a lot of the athletes out there don't fit the stereotype of a spoiled chump who won the genetic lottery and was in the right place at the right time to catch a few million in exchange for having no other marketable skill.  Two of the young people who prove me wrong saved a little boy the other day:



Two Missouri Western football players have made a family fans for life after pulling a toddler out of a locked car on a day when temperatures reached 95 degrees
.

These young men saw a person in trouble, figured out what the problem was, and helped without being asked.  The guy who broke the window took a chance with his college and possible professional football career when he broke the window in with his bare hand.  



Good for you gentlemen.  You did a selfless thing, and you showed that my bias isn't universally warranted.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.