Thursday, September 29, 2011

Louisville Pics

These are the best of the pictures I took of downtown Louisville yesterday.  One thing that the city fathers are doing that I like is to try to keep as many of the old buildings, or at least their facades, as intact as they can. I'm not a big fan of the glass and steel edifice look myself.


 These two were taken from the top floor of the courthouse.  The first one is down towards the Ohio River and the other looks further inland.  Louisville has a good blend of the modern and the turn-of-the-last-century architecture.
This is a memorial to Kentuckians who have received the Medal of Honor.  The Medal of Honor Society is having its annual meet-up here this week.  What I wouldn't give to sit in a corner and drink beer while I listen to those men swap stories.  Behind the statue is the local World War II memorial.

These were all taken using my iPhone 4 using the default camera settings.  They were edited using iPhoto.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Very nice! I like the 'old' architecture too! Much more 'personable' than the new stuff!

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.