Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thoughts on the Day


  • Yes, I'm a wuss for not fixing my truck myself.  But I'm smart enough to know that "This clutch needs a bit of work" doesn't equate to "I need to learn how to fix clutches" in December.
  • When you tell me you're going to call me back to give me an update on my truck, do it.  Next hint:  giving me attitude because I called you 8 hours after you said you'd call me about my truck is not a good way to get repeat business or recommendations for your business.
  • Three minutes before you leave the house on a cold morning is not the time to discover that your loving wife put your gloves, hat, and neck gaiter somewhere neither of you know about. 
  • There are fewer things more frustrating in shell scripting than figuring out that you used a "`" instead of a "'" after three hours of troubleshooting.
  • There are fewer things more cool than taking an afternoon tour of an aircraft simulator facility, being offered the co-pilots chair on a Boeing 767 simulator, then crashing it because you forgot to retract your flaps all the way after take-off.  Of course, using the simulator to turn the 767 hard enough that you're looking straight down when you look to your left is pretty cool.
  • Marketing works:  Watching a documentary about beer helped me to remember that I had a beer in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.