Monday, December 12, 2011

Quote of the Day

Lutefisk - Norwegians put butter on it, Swedes put brown sugar on it,  the cats put sand on it.

Tom Griswold, of the Bob and Tom Show,* reading from a reader letter about Scandinavian food.

I have had lutefisk precisely three times in my life, all three in an attempt to bring joy to the heart of my grandmother, a German woman who wholly took on Norwegian culture and 'cuisine' when she married my Norwegian grandfather.  Now that I'm grown and she's up in heaven giving my grandfather an earful about his verdammte grandson, I don't let it in the house.

*That link is probably NSFW.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.