Monday, January 30, 2012

Plan for the Week

Irish Woman will be flying away on the big silver bird to the wilds of Iowa for training tomorrow morning.  Based on the amount of preparation and admonishing she's done today, I think she's expecting to come home to "Lord of the Flies", with me playing the part of the pig with a head on a stick.

I've got a fully stocked larder, a set of menus listed out for what I'm going to cook, all the laundry is done, and the house looks better than it has in a long time.

Not saying this is going to be a piece of cake, but I think I can handle this.  The kids have to sleep sometime, don't they?

Yeah, I know, pride goeth before the fall.

Watch this space for updates on how I handle single parenthood for five days.

4 comments:

ZerCool said...

A few pieces of advice:
- medicate often, and heavily. Benadryl for them, bourbon for you.
- www.papajohns.com - they deliver.
- make sure your last will and testament is current.
- sleep with one eye open and two phones nearby: one set to speed-dial 911, the other a priest.

Best of luck.

maddmedic said...

May the Good Lord be with you and Mr Zercool offers sage advice...

Remember your the adult!!!

Never ever let them drag you to their level....

;)

Comfortably Numb said...

Forget "being the adult". Be a kid with them and have FUN!!!

Popcorn and ice cream do fall into food groups (somewhere) and are great for dinner.

Anonymous said...

I once left my husband and our sons alone for about thirty-six hours. I came home to find fourteen -- yes, fourteen -- freezer pizza boxes scattered around the house ...

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.