Saturday, January 14, 2012

How I got Boo ready for his nap

When Girlie Bear and Little Bear were about Boo's age, I bought them each a collapsible plastic lightsaber.  Yeah, it's sometimes cool to have a dad who's a geek.  The kids enjoyed beating on each other and me, and when they moved on to other toys, I put them up.  I stumbled across them in a closet this morning, and gave them to Boo.  He hasn't put down his lightsaber since.  My hands and arms are a bit sore from being hit and swinging a lightsaber all morning, but it's a good sore.

He's currently all tuckered out after an extended post-lunch lightsaber duel.  It went kind of like this:

Of course, it looked more like the end of the movie than the beginning, but I never claimed to be agile.  I'm looking to a quiet afternoon as he sleeps it off and recharges his batteries.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, yet another monster created :-)

pax said...

How to get your kid to sleep: use the Force!

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

Even better - Ryan v. Dorkman 2

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.