Monday, January 9, 2012

Our People

A Girl and Her Gun articulates something that I've felt for a long time.  The first time I wandered into GBC and started commenting on gun blogs, I was treated as someone who belonged.  There was no "newbie" period where I had to sit and listen to my betters, and when I disagreed with someone, they didn't take it personally. If I was factually wrong, I was gently corrected.  If it was a disagreement of opinion, our differences were respected.

These are our people.  We don't have a real leader, just firsts among equals.  Showing respect for each other and being there when real life intrudes on our microcosm has been the way it's always been. 

Go give her letter a read.  She says it so much better than I could.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.