Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today's Earworm

Louisville is in the midst of its first real snowfall this winter.  The local weather critters are hyperventilating about how bad this could get, and school closed two hours early today so that the students could get through their three hours of busride (no joke) before it gets dark.

Here's my take on it, with apologies to SSG Barry Sadler.


Fluffy snowflakes from the sky
Kentucky people whine and cry
Half an inch will fall today
Tomorrow morning, I'll shovel the driveway

Woolen cap upon my head
I'd rather be sleeping back in bed
School is closed, at home I'll stay
Right after I shovel the damn driveway

Kroger looks like a bomb has hit
The food is gone, every bit
Eggs, milk, and bread are their mainstay
A french toast emergency on a snowy day

Back at home, my laptop waits
I can't leave my customers to their fates
Email, WebEx, IM, and cell
Working remotely during the White Hell

Shovel the driveway, I tell my kid
But Dad, she says, I already did!
Half an inch more will fall today
Tomorrow morning, I'll shovel the driveway

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Seriously! 3hrs?? Please tell me thats unusual because of the snow.....

DaddyBear said...

No, some kids spend 3 hours each way on the bus. Apparently the Supreme Court saying that bussing is a bad thing isn't good enough.

MrGarabaldi said...

It is the same here in GA, all the weatherliars have to do is mention the word "snow" and the Kroger is stampeded for beer and bread. Since I know how to drive in the stuff, it don't bother me.

Old NFO said...

LOL, I met three sisters and their mother this morning doing a 'girls' week in Hawaii, they are ALL from Kentucky, and one of them was from Louisville. She was laughing about her hubby having to deal with it...

DaddyBear said...

Turned out it wasn't that bad. The driveway is a bit icy, but the snow was light enough that the wind swept it clean. School wasn't even delayed, much to Girlie Bear's disappointment.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.