Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Being Honest

I try to be a practical man, especially when it comes to firearms.

I bought my first firearm, a Mossberg 835 shotgun, because I wanted a good gun for home defense.

I bought a Mosin-Nagant because I wanted an inexpensive centerfire rifle for plinking.

The same goes for all of my guns.  I see or feel a need, and I buy something to fit that need.  Be it a hunting rifle, a new carry pistol, or a .22 I buy so that I can shoot more inexpensively or use to train someone on, I have never looked for something new and shiny just because it was pretty or neat.

Then 2011 happened.

First, I went to the NRA Annual Meeting and decided then and there I wanted a new 1911.  And so I tried out as many as I could get my hands on, saved my money, and got one.

Then, I went to the Lucky Gunner Shoot, and met the Pied Piper of Gunbloggers, Oleg Volk.  He came to the shoot with a whole bunch of toys, and I fell in love with most of them.  The nice men from Kriss were there too, and I decided that a Vector would be just a lot of fun to own.

So now Oleg has new pictures of the KSG and Coonan pistol up, and I'm feeling lust in my heart.  And every time I go to my range and see the Kriss up on the rental wall, I want to start selling organs to afford one so bad I can taste it.

Hi, I'm DaddyBear and I want guns for no other reason than they're fun and shiny.

5 comments:

bluesun said...

If you don't, you're not human!

Nancy R. said...

I want a Kriss because that is my maiden name.

Daddy Hawk said...

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Welcome to denial with the ret of us.

Anonymous said...

Denial....Yep, I gots it!

On a Wing and a Whim said...

I want a Holland & Holland because they're the prettiest guns I've ever seen. Not going to get one, but I want one. Pretty!

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.