Friday, October 14, 2011

Silly Old Bear

Today is the anniversary of the first printing of "Winnie the Pooh" in 1926.  We're on our second generation of Winnie the Pooh here at Casa de Oso.  I grew up on both the stories and the Disney movies, and I've carried on with my kids.

A.A. Milne did for me the same thing as Dr. Seuss:  he made reading fun and interesting to a young child.  Interest the child in reading, and you will have a reader as an adult, and both will find learning easier.  Something tells me that my experience was not unique.  Children around the world have enjoyed Pooh Bear and his friends.

In celebration, I plan on having a bit of honey today, and possibly doing a little bouncing before I sit down in my thoughtful spot for a good think.  Of course, I'm a bear of very little brain, so that may take a while.

1 comment:

Julie said...

lol .. yep love both winnie the pooh and dr seuss

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.