Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Retraction

Yesterday, I took Arizona State Senator Klein to task for breaking safety practices by showing off her carry gun and muzzling a reporter.

Today, thanks to Uncle, I've gotten more information:
I was asked to show the reporter my weapon so that they could take pictures of it. I ensured that the chamber was clear before displaying the weapon. That is basic gun safety and something that I do instinctively, just like virtually every gun owner.
Senator Klein's side of the story is that she was asked to show her gun to a reporter and demonstrate some of its features, including the laser.  She cleared the weapon, showed him how the laser showed up on a wall, and he inadvertently got muzzled when he saw down.

I'd like to express my sincere apologies to Senator Klein for yesterday's diatribe.  While I think that her decision to no longer show people her gun unless it's at a range is wise, I should have waited to hear her side of the story before taking her to the woodshed over basic gun safety.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.