Friday, November 11, 2011

Thoughts on the Day

Just got back from another evening defending Jihadistan from the forces of democracy.  Here are a few things that occurred to me:

  • The American way of fighting a war isn't even remotely fair to the other side, and I'm perfectly OK with that.
  • The old adage about bringing a knife to a gunfight has nothing on "Don't bring a paintball gun to a gunfight".
  • I'm not the first to say this, but friendly fire isn't.
  • Snipers are sneaky bastards. 
  • Nothing says "Keep your head down" like catching a round right in your eye protection.
  • To the jackass who decided to strap a laser pointer to his paintball gun and earned us all an butt-chewing by the guy in charge of the training about realism, I hope that this first experience will be your last.
  • I'm bruised and hurting, but it's a good hurt.  I hope that the guys who were training tonight will be better prepared to do their jobs and come home safe.
  • On this Veteran's Day, I was reminded of just how lucky I am to have men and women such as I have met at Fort Knox manning our walls and guarding our keeps.  

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.