Friday, November 18, 2011

Thoughts on the Day


  • I have come to the realization that I loathe artillery simulators.
  • Reverse Mozambique - Two to the chest, one to the dangly bits
  • Speaking of which, taking a 5.56mm wax bullet to the dangly bits may be nature's way of telling you to slow down.
  • Virginia, I don't know if there's a Santa Claus, but there is indeed a Bogeyman.  He shot me twice today.
  • The pirate versus ninja debate is over.  I was swaggering around like a pirate, and a couple of guys who would make a ninja proud put a couple through my X ring before I even knew they were there.
  • Pro tip:  When you are observing a cease fire, make sure the other side knows about it before standing in a window.
  • Unass - Verb - The act of getting out of a place quickly, without thought to where you are going to go or grabbing anything not already connected to your body.  Example:  When the other guys lobbed three flashbangs into the window, I unassed the room and headed outside.
  • It's humbling to think that a misunderstanding about what I was going to do today caused so many people to take time out of their days to let me know I was in their thoughts.  Please keep the young men and women who trained with me today in those thoughts.  Very soon, they're going to be in a very bad place, and they could use all the help they can get.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.