Friday, November 25, 2011

Showing Appreciation

H/T to JayG on this one!

Jack Daniels Distillery has announced a program to assist soldiers from Fort Campbell in getting home for the holidays.  Soldiers who are cash-strapped will be given vouchers for either airline tickets or gas and lodging so that they can go home to their families.

Looking back at my time in uniform, I guess I was very fortunate in that I was home for the holidays most years, but a lot of my friends weren't so lucky.  Being away from home on a post that's mostly deserted because everyone else has gone home for Christmas is depressing in a manner that's hard to articulate.  It's good to see a company recognizing that and putting their money on the line to help out these soldiers and their families.

Our family is going to support this campaign with a small donation, and I'm going to support the company that put this together with a purchase of their product.  Jack Daniels is owned by Brown-Forman, who makes something for every taste.  If you're not a JD fan, I'm sure they make something you'll like.   I've also reached out to Brown-Forman and Jack Daniels and let them know how much I appreciate their efforts, and I encourage you to do the same.

Let's do something good for a company that's doing something good!

3 comments:

bluesun said...

No rum, though...

Old NFO said...

They are doing good... will chip in too.

DaddyBear said...

No rum? I will have to have a word with them.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.