Sunday, November 13, 2011

Advice Bleg

Apparently, I am an infuriating man who buys everything he wants for himself, which makes it difficult to purchase an anniversary gift.  So I have myself a nice Amazon gift card from my lovely wife.

I'm putting together a little dead-tree gunnie library. So far I have a decent translation of the Soviet manual for the Mosin-Nagant, Frank W. James' Effective Handgun Defense, and a couple others.  

I'm considering getting something on the care and feeding of the M-1 Garand or one of those "If you only have one book about guns, get this one" bibles, but there are a lot of choices available.

So I'm asking for y'all's help.  What gun books would you recommend?

6 comments:

NavyOne said...

The Blue Jackets Manual. It's in stock!
http://www.amazon.com/Bluejackets-Manual-24th-Thomas-Cutler/dp/1591141532

DaddyBear said...

Heh. I read my grandfather's Blue Jacket Manual he got in the 1940's when I was in grade school. Honestly, how I ended up in the Army is still a mystery to most of my family.

Stephen said...

If I were at work I'd sit and list many, alas, here I am at home, so will get back to you. In the mean time order Unintended Consequences by John Ross...you won't regret it. It the gunny bible. Oh, forgot, if you can indeed find a copy.

Nancy R. said...

Anything and everything from Jeff Cooper?

45er said...

I have been described using those exact words.

Peter said...

I second a complete edition of Jeff Cooper. First on the list: "The Art Of The Rifle". Next, his five books of reminiscences. See:

http://tinyurl.com/7s2csh2

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.