Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Here in the U.S., today is Thanksgiving.  This is the day we set aside to gather together, celebrate a good harvest feast, and remember to be thankful for the things we should be thankful for every day.

Here's my list for this year:

  • I'm thankful that my family is together, safe, and healthy.
  • I'm thankful that Irish Woman and I have been able to stay employed this year, when so many have not been so fortunate.
  • I'm thankful that I've been able to meet so many great people in the blog world this year, both in person and on-line.
  • I'm thankful that I've been able to contribute back to the soldiers that are protecting my family.
  • I'm grateful that, while things are tightening, my family has everything it needs.
  • I'm grateful that my ancestors didn't settle for what they were given, and gave up everything in order to come here and try to have more, both for them and for me.
  • And finally, I'm grateful that all of you humor me while I rant, go off on tangents, and tell bad jokes.  

I hope that all of you enjoy your holiday, and I look forward to doing this for a long time.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

The Old Man said...

Thanks for bein' one of us cranky bastards-with-blogs... We are a diminishing group.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.