Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mel Brooks was robbed by the Academy

It's day 3 of being home sick with Boo.  I've read every Dr. Seuss book we have at least 3 times, I've indulged him in watching the Backyardigans and the Star Wars trilogy several times, and now I'm working through the good Muppet movies.

This brought me to this particular sequence, featuring the genius of Mel Brooks:

That's some of the best acting of the 20th century right there, friends and neighbors.

By the way, this scene is the reason I say that any weapon that has a select fire capacity has "Der Svitch!".

Boo seems to be pretty much mended, and I seem to have hit bottom of this flu last night.  I'm better than I was yesterday, and I hope to be able to go back to work tomorrow.  Irish Woman is taking tomorrow off to take Boo for his follow-up with the doctor, so even if I don't feel up to work tomorrow, I will be able to get a bit of rest.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.