Friday, March 2, 2012

Dinner Tonight

It's a cool, stormy day here in IndiUcky.  I think dinner tonight needs to be filling, simple, and comforting.  This is one of the first things my grandmother taught me to make.

Ever notice that a lot of my recipes between October and March have that description?

Ingredients:

6 to 8 russet potatoes, washed and cut into 1/4 half moons
2 large yellow onions, coursely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine
Salt and Pepper to taste
Your favorite herbs to taste.  If I have it, a little fresh dill tastes good in this dish.
One or two of your favorite chili peppers.  I used two dried jalapenos from last year's garden.
1/2 pound each of two different kinds of link sausage, cut into 1/4 inch coins.  I used spicy Italian and kielbasa

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.  Cook on medium heat for six to eight hours.  Goes well with a glass of good earthy beer, fresh whole grain bread, and either a salad or your favorite green vegetable.

3 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

DB, you ever think about doing a cook book? I have used several of your recipe's and they are great.

DaddyBear said...

Thanks Mr.G's - I'm actually using the blog to record my recipes so that I have them in one place to print off to give to Girlie Bear.

I don't think I'll do a recipe book. Most of these are just common family recipes or my twist on something I pulled out of someone else's cookbook.

45er said...

That looks awesome. I agree with using the blog as a warehouse. I just need to actually do it more. I love that you attach a story to it as well. It makes it worth that much more to Girlie Bear.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.