Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dumbass of the Week Award

This week, we salute the guy from Pennsylvania who forgot to take the materials he uses in his hobby of blowing stuff up out of his bag before he tried to go through security at Philadelphia airport:

A 29-year-old-man was taken into police custody this morning at the Philadelphia airport after attempting to board a flight to San Francisco while carrying items that could have been assembled into an explosive device -- a vial with a fuse, a plastic bottle filled with explosive powder and three M-80 type fireworks.
This is one of the reasons that my range bags are my range bags and my airport bags are my airport bags and never the twain shall meet.  I go through airport security every day, and all it would take is for me to forget to take a magazine or a box of bullets out of my bag before throwing the laptop back in it for me to find myself in a world of pain.

Remember kids, take the explosives, guns, knives, bottles of water, and tubes of toothpaste out of your bag before going to see Uncle BadTouch, or you may end up on my blog as a bad example to others.

1 comment:

Julie said...

pocket knives and multi tools too ... I had the cutest little PINK multitool which got confiscated after about 35mins (and four scans) of my handbag as they could see it on the screen but couldn't find it (my bag's NOT THAT BIG)

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.