Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thoughts on the Weekend


  • I love ceiling fans.  However, we should substitute time on a chain gang for a few years installing them on ceilings that are just barely too tall to reach comfortably.
  • History sometimes rhymes.  After the 1974 tornado outbreak, it snowed.  Friday, it was in the high 70's and muggy, followed by F3 and F4 tornadoes. Today, it was 40 degrees and snowing.
  • We got lucky and got the shingles for our new roof at 1/3 the price we expected to.  I guess sometimes the stars line up just right.  No, I am not doing my own roof.  I've done that enough for one lifetime, thank you very much.
  • Irish Woman and the kids planted 72 broccoli and cauliflower seeds.  Either they're expecting a lot of seeds to not sprout, or I'm going to be building more garden beds than I expect.
  • I must be doing something right.  Girlie Bear and I watched the first episode of "Band of Brothers" on Friday, and now she wants to watch the rest and read the book.  Heck, this might make a good excuse to buy her her very own Garand.
  • I have the coolest wife in the world.  She asked me what calibers I am low on in the ammunition stockpile and then suggested that the family needs an iPad.
  • You know when you're in a rural eatery when you hear a mother use the term "slap the stupid out of you" when correcting one of her children and no-one bats an eye.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

All good points, and yeah that last one IS a country saying... :-)

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.