Tuesday, March 20, 2012

30 Days of Churchill - Day 18

What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone? -- Speech at Kinnaird Hall, Dundee, Scotland ("Unemployment"), October 10, 1908

My Take - We are here to provide for the next generation, both that they may survive to replace us and so that they have a good life when we are gone.  I refuse to believe the "first generation to not do better than their parents" crap.  I am doing better than my parents did, and I will be damned if my children will settle for a lesser life than I have led.  I can't control what happens to them in regards to material wealth, but I can raise my sons and daughters to be better people than I am.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.