Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Suicide Blonde

The Norwegian government is reporting that for those who show a reaction to cosmetics and other methods of enhancing appearance, the use of hair dye is the number 1 cause of problems:

People who develop allergies to hair dye often have symptoms such as eczema, redness, blistering, and itching of the scalp, face and throat, the registry says. They also experience severe swelling on the forehead and around the eyes.
Something tells me that a lady with this kind of reaction to their hair dye realizes it's not a good look for them.

I know a lot of people, both men and women, who dye their hair.   While I just look at my gray hair and take that as a sign that life is about 1/3 over, others look at them as a sign of mortality.  I just hope that the rate of people who have these kinds of reactions is low.

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

I'm not having much luck telling myself they're "silver highlights", but I am repeating "I WILL grow old gracefully. I WILL grow old gracefully. I WILL grow old gracefully." whenever the urge to color strikes me.

DaddyBear said...

Personally, I like a woman with her natural color. There comes a point where coloring, highlighting, or bleaching just looks bad, no matter how hard they try to keep it up.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.