Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's official

I'm allergic to Kentucky.  I had the allergy skin test this morning, and here are the high points of what I'm sensitive to:
  •  Every common species of grass and tree.  
  • All the molds and mildews.   
  • Ragweed too reared its ugly head in my test.
  • Cats, but I'm not getting rid of my furballs.  
For someone who enjoys fishing and hunting, and has had a cat all his life, this is quite a  list.  Now I know why I liked living in the Arizona desert.  No plant life, no pollen, no allergies.

I'll be starting allergy shots in the next couple of weeks.  Hopefully that will force my immune system to not overreact and let me live in peace here in God's country.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.  At the moment, I feel like dirt warmed over, then put between two pieces of stale rye and toasted. Once this Benadryl kicks in, I'm going to hibernate for a few hours.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sorry to hear this :( Hope the allergy shots have the desired effect.

DaddyBear said...

Thanks, We've been treating the symptoms with meds for a couple of years. Deployments around the world and never a sniffle, and living in the Ohio valley turns me into a sickling. The shots won't be too bad, and hopefully I'll feel better next spring when allergy season really kicks into gear.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.