Thursday, December 3, 2009

Foregoing football for love

Tonight, as I type, the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills are battling on the gridiron.

I, a football fan since before I could ride a bicycle, am not watching.

I am watching the new Celtic Woman special on PBS with the Irish Woman.   I don't call her the Irish Woman for nothing.

About 15 minutes into the program, she asked me if the setting for the concert looked familiar.  Lo and behold, it appears to be at Powerscourt Manor in Wicklow.  We went there when we had our honeymoon in Ireland.  It's a beautiful place.  If you're ever in the neighborhood, check it out.



I think, however, that Celtic Woman has pretty much run their course.  There is only so much Irish music that can be sung by 4 female voices.  And singing "You'll Be In My Heart" from Disney's Tarzan cartoon movie smacks of jumping the shark.

However, they still sing very prettily.  Only 2 of the 4 original singers are still in the group, and the new ladies do add some variety. 

I'll flip over to the game once the show is done.    Neither team plays well until the second half anyway.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.