Sunday, April 8, 2012

30 Days of Shakespeare - Day 4

I hold my peace, sir? no;
No, I will speak as liberal as the north;
Let heaven and men and devils, let them all,
All, all, cry shame against me, yet I'll speak.  -- Othello, Act V, Scene II

My Take - Sometimes it's hard to say what you truly feel.  When what you have to say is unpopular, a lot of people will try to silence you.  Sometimes it gets you shunned, sometimes it gets you stoned, and sometime it gets you nailed to a tree.  But a free person knows that to be silenced is to be controlled, and will fight to make their voice heard.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.