Sunday, April 22, 2012

30 Days of Shakespeare - Day 18

Old fashions please me best; I am not so nice
To change true rules for odd inventions.  -- The Taming of the Shrew, Act III, Scene I

My Take - OK, I admit I'm a bit of an Apple fanboi and I have, on occasion, been accused of being a gadget geek.  But when it comes to guns, I guess I'm an old stick in the mud.  I have and use guns with polymer stocks, and for EDC, a polymer pistol, Kydex holster, advanced optics, and synthetic sling make a lot of sense.  But my heart reaches out for guns made of wood and steel, holsters and belts made out of leather, and guns with iron sights.   Something tells me that no-one is going to be hanging great-great-great-great granddaddy's AR-15 over the fireplace in a couple hundred years.  I lust after a Kentucky long rifle to hang over the mantel.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.