Thursday, August 25, 2011

Health Update - Final

Well, final for now. I'm not going anywhere.

I had my last check-in with the surgeon today.  He says I'm doing about as well as can be expected.  I'll still have a few weird things that need more time to heal or become the new normal, but otherwise I'm good to go.  I'm sleeping better, can breather better, and overall I feel pretty good.  He released me to go back on my arthritis treatments, so I'll be feeling pretty good in a few weeks when I go back into the rheumatologist to get my Remicade topped off.

Now that I'm on the other side of the surgery and recovery, I'm glad I did it.  I was cautioned that the surgery only helped with the sleep apnea and snoring in about 60% of patients, so I guess I was in that 60%.  Irish Woman says I don't snore anymore at all, even when sleeping on my back.  I wake up without the headaches and sore throat, and I feel like I actually got some rest.  I'll be going back in for another sleep study to prove that I don't snore anymore, but I'm doing that more for the doctor than for me.

I mentioned to the doctor that I've lost my taste for some of the things I used to enjoy, and he said that that should correct itself over the next few months.  I hope he's right.

So, I'm back and as ornery as ever, but I don't make funny noises when I sleep.  Hopefully this is the last surgery I have to go through for a long time.  The recovery on this one was a pain, in more ways than one.

3 comments:

bluesun said...

Ahhhhh, that wonderful drug, oxygen...

Old NFO said...

LOL- I'm glad I did that at age 7 :-)

45er said...

Get better.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.