Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Count Chocula Down!

I say again:  Count Chocula Down!  Frankenberry enroute with milk!

A truckload of breakfast cereal was dumped on the Ohio Turnpike near Toledo today. Apparently it was enough to close the highway.  If it was Fruit Loops or Fruity Pebbles it must have looked and smelled wonderful.  There's enough perfume and pigment in a box of that stuff to freshen up a khalif's harem. If it was bran flakes, and if they were getting any of the rain that the rest of the midwest is getting, it was a real mess.  There's nothing as viscious, smelly, or drippy as wet bran cereal.  I don't want to even think about the mess one of those sugary cereals that makes its own chocolate gravy would look like in a rainstorm.

When I was growing up, my mother the ex-hippie fed us on a steady diet of puffed wheat, puffed rice, and whole-grain hot cereal.  Not a lot of flavor there, unless you count the copious amounts of honey or sugar that I'd throw in when she wasn't looking for that early morning buzz.  When I got out on my own, I went bananas for a while eating Cocoa Pebbles and Chocolate Maltomeal.  Nowadays I'm more likely to have a piece of fruit or a PB&J for breakfast with my morning caffeine supplement, at least on weekdays.  On the weekends, all bets are off.  I've grown quite fond of bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, biscuits, and grits.  Being married to a southern girl does have its perks.  We've sent more than one breakfast guest away wondering how they were going to work off all that cholesterol.

What do you all like for breakfast?

5 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

What do I *like* for breakfast, or what do I actually *eat* for breakfast? Those are two very different things...;)

Julie said...

If i'm organised, it's a small piece of grilled meat. If not it's two slices of toast with vegemite ... even on weekends.

Tango Juliet said...

VEGEMITE!?!?!?! ACK!!!!!!

DaddyBear said...

I'll have to try that sometime. Closest I've ever come to Vegemite is a Men At Work song from junior high.

Anonymous said...

Biskits-n-gravy, Baby! Y'all can throw in some hash and eggs if y'like. Mmmmm cholesterol is good. Yes, from the South, duh.

wv: Ozouston - The suburb between Houston and Oz (where good Texas witches reside)

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.