Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quotes of the Day

Presented without commentary.  I think these speak for themselves

As Commander-in-Chief, I will never hesitate to defend this nation, but I will only send our troops into harm’s way with a clear mission and a sacred commitment to give them the equipment they need in battle and the care and benefits they deserve when they come home. I will end this war in Iraq responsibly, and finish the fight against al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan.  - Senator Barack Obama  Speech at 2008 Democratic National Convention Aug 27, 2008
  "I don't oppose all wars." Obama said, "What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war...." -  Obama for Beginners, by Bob Neer, p. 36-37 Apr 1, 2008
Now let me be clear: I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. The world, and the Iraqi people would be better off without him. But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.  - In His Own Words, edited by Lisa Rogak, p.143 Mar 27, 2007
Thanks to On The Issues for compiling these. 

3 comments:

FIREBIRD said...

Obama should be glad that he has already written his [auto]biography

Old NFO said...

Meh... scary words... and Firebird is right!

DaddyBear said...

I wonder if this nullifies his Nobel Prize.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.