Thursday, March 10, 2011

For those about to die, we salute you

Just returned from my first trip to the gym in a very long time.  Too long a time, as a matter of fact.

This getting back into shape and losing weight is starting to suck.

I've given up fast food.  No breakfast burritos, no juicy hamburgers, nothing.
I stopped putting sugar in my coffee, and cut out my afternoon cup of hot cocoa.
I've stopped going out for lunch.  It's easier to watch what I eat if I'm not salivating over the 3 cheese nachos platter.

Tonight I did a light upper body workout followed by 2.5 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill. My legs should stop trembling in a little while.

After I get out of my junk food withdrawals and get used to exercising for the sake of exercise again, this will start being fun.  I have to keep that in mind.  This is good for me and it will eventually be enjoyable.

But if I don't wake up tomorrow, I blame the treadmill.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Go forth and do good DB :-) I'm trying to lose some too... and yeah, it SUCKS!

ShortWoman said...

Keep up the good work, man. Turns out I passed the Certified Personal Trainer exam last year. Let me know if I can help you out.

DaddyBear said...

Thanks guys. I've been down this road before, and I know it'll get easier as I get into better shape. I'm just kvetching.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Where will and persistance are applied, good things will happen!

If I may suggest, I found muscle growth really does go faster if you eat something with protein right after working out with weights.

Please, vent on the blog - it'll give Calmer Half a feeling of solidarity as I run us to the gym!

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.