Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Justice served

I commented on this earlier. An Ohio man was arguing that his obesity made it impossible to execute him without the act going into the "cruel and unusual" area.

Apparently, the Supreme Court disagreed. Today, the state of Ohio executed him via lethal injection.

I'm not going to say I'm happy about this. As I stated before, I'm not a fan of the death penalty. And it's saddening to think of the suffering he caused his victims, their families, and his family in the years since his crime. His death won't erase that pain.

I'll remember him and everyone he hurt in my prayers tonight, and I ask that all of you do the same. I may feel that his execution was justified by his actions, but I don't have to like it.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.