Sunday, October 12, 2008

No quota hunt this year

Well, found out the other day that I won't be going to the quota hunt I requested this year. I asked to go to either the 2nd or 3rd hunts at Taylorsville Lake, which is only about half an hour from home. I would have been able to go for a weekend hunt and still sleep in my own nice warm bed.

Last year, I got chosen for a hunt in Jackson County. It's about 2 hours southeast of here, and it's on the northern edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest. Beautiful country, but it was a haul to get down there.

I was hoping to get something a little closer, but no luck. Better luck next time. I should find out about Fort Knox in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.