Friday, October 24, 2008

Relax, it's almost over

Only a few more days until this election cycle is over. Personally, I'm sick of the whole thing. I figured out who I was going to vote for a couple of months ago, and I've been trying to avoid thinking, talking, and writing about it since then.

This is the longest political race I can ever remember, and the nastiest I've ever seen.

Of course I hope my candidates will win, but if not, better luck next time. Hopefully the majority of people will have the same attitude. I have hope on that one, but not much.

It should tell you something when police departments start getting ready for civil unrest over an election. Again, I hope people will act like adults, but I don't have much hope for that one either.

Go vote. Celebrate or mourn on election evening and the day after. After that, sober up, get back to work, and try to remember we're all supposed to be working together.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.