Friday, October 24, 2008

Rainy Day in Kentucky

Got up this morning to a pouring rain. Supposed to stay that way all day, but it's nice to hear it hitting the roof and trees while I sleep.

Got Junior Bear off to school wearing a heavy duty rain coat, and Girlie Bear helped me with Baby Bear. He has started holding his own bottle, which makes things a little easier. We're also only a week or so away from full blown crawling, so my life is about to get complicated.

Work is work. The Windows people are rushing around patching everything that doesn't move. I'm not going to say anything about Linux on this. It's only a matter of time before we have to do the same thing. I've got a couple of things to do this morning, then I'm off to a doctor's appointment.

We're going down to a friend's farm for a Halloween party tomorrow evening, which is always fun. Hayrides, haunted forest, bonfire, and really good barbecue. Irish woman is making her famous yellow cake muffins with homemade caramel icing. Those things are like nails in my coffin, but I'll die happy.

If the weather clears, I'll do the fall weatherizing tomorrow, and I may go bow hunting on Sunday afternoon. I went hunting with the muzzleloader last weekend with one of my buddies, and had a really good time. At about sun up, a big group of turkeys walked through the area and made a heck of a racket. No deer came into the area I was watching, but one busted me when she saw me from the field behind me. She stood there huffing and pawing for a few minutes then ran off. Unfortunately, she was on property where I don't have permission to hunt (I was on the property line facing away from the field she was in), so she got to walk and I got to watch.

It's finally starting to turn cold here. The warm spell we had in September and October is over, and they're predicting highs in the 40's and 50's for the next couple of weeks. The leaves are absolutely gorgeous now, and the weather man says they should reach peak color this weekend.

Irish Woman picked up Baby Bear's first Halloween costume yesterday. He's going to be Yoda. "Yes, a bottle you will bring to me".

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.