Friday, December 16, 2011

What I'm Drinking Tonight

It's kind of chilly and damp here in IndiUcky tonight, so I made myself a nice drink to warm the bones.

Ingredients:

3 cups apple cider
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or one cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon caramel sauce or two Kraft caramels
Bourbon or cinnamon schnapps

In a small saucepan, heat the cider, cinnamon, and caramel until it just boils.  Pour bourbon or schnapps to taste into a large coffee cup or cappuccino mug.  Fill mug with hot cider.  Enjoy.

Here's another one:

3 cups milk (real milk. Soybeans, coconuts, and almonds don't have nipples)
Hot cocoa mix
Chocolate sauce or syrup
Peppermint Schnapps

Heat the milk until it almost boils.  Mix in the hot cocoa mix.  Mix in chocolate sauce and schnapps to taste.  There is a balance point where the taste of the chocolate mixes in really well with the peppermint, but that point varies from person to person.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Interesting, but I'll just stick with my Scotch... :-)

WS4E said...

For some reason, I have been craving a Hot Buttered Rum. I was in the liquor store getting some brewskis after work yesterday and found myself looking at the exotic dark rum bottles, but couldn't talk myself into buying one.

It's been years since I had one, and I have never tried to make them myself.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.