Monday, December 26, 2011

Thoughts on the Weekend


  • Working a week of 10 PM to 6 AM night shifts and finishing up on Christmas Eve morning makes for a wonderful Yuletide attitude.
  • Nothing says "Merry Christmas!" like having lunch with your ex-wife on Christmas Eve.  Yeah, I had lunch with my ex after 3 hours of sleep.  What could go wrong?
  • We watched "A Boy Named Charlie Brown", and all I can say is that Lucy is an insufferable wench.
  • If there was anything healthy to eat in the house this weekend, it wasn't our fault.  Lots of comfort food, baked goods, and sweets.  Healthy diet starts again on Monday.
  • Gunny Claus was good to me.  He worked with Irish Woman to get me a membership to my indoor range.  Sounds like permission to go shooting more often to me!
  • My daughter is officially out of children's clothes in any way, shape, or form.  That sound you hear is me aging 20 years in one morning.
  • As a stocking stuffer, Boo got a packet of soft rubber snakes and lizards.  I look forward to many fun mornings of finding them stuffed in the toes of my shoes or under my pillow.
  • Remember rule # 1 - All NERF guns are always loaded.
  • Labrador retrievers crave peppermint candy canes.  I did not know that.
  • Husky mix puppies are indeed cuter than should be allowed by law.  No, we do not have a new puppy.  No, we are not getting a new puppy, no matter how much Boo loves puppies.
  • Dinner tonight:  Spaghetti with meatballs and sausage, lasagne, and a spicy sausage/chicken pasta in a creamy cheese sauce.  All delicious and all made by Irish Woman and other friends.  Good people and good food.
  • Mileage total this weekend: 302 miles.  Never left Louisville.
  • Time for a long winter's nap.

1 comment:

Auntie J said...

Is there any amount of sleep sufficient before a lunch with the ex? (I don't have one, except an ex-SIL, so I really have no way of knowing.)

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.