Saturday, April 10, 2010

Watching people turn money into smoke and noise

Took a morning jaunt down to Knob Creek for their spring machine gun shoot, and a good time was had by all.  It's funny when you realize that  a .50 caliber sniper rifle doesn't sound so loud when it's competing with machine guns and cannons.  I personally didn't pay to shoot automatic weapons, but it's almost as much fun to watch other people do it.

The accompanying gun show was also excellent.  If you were looking for something and couldn't find it, you weren't looking hard enough.  Only thing I was looking for was a .22 conversion kit for my1911, and they had them.  I can get a better price online, so I passed.  I did buy 100 rounds of .38 at a really good price.  The ammunition situation appears to be loosening up, at least for common calibers.  Lots of 7.62x39, 7.62x54, .308, and .223 to be found.  The only one I didn't see was .380, and it may have sold out yesterday.

Props to the crew at Knob Creek, who are as always on the ball.  I don't expect to ever meet a nicer, more professional group of people.  I'm definitely going to go back in the future.

Here are a few pics of the festivities

Some old-time bang bang.  Imagine having to polish the brass on a gatling gun after battle!

Need a light?

Big Boom Coming Right Up!

Where old boats and cars go to die

MG-42's and M-60's
Enough firepower to make Nancy Pelosi cry.

Oh, the humanity!!!!

Saw this, and had to get a pic.  Wonder if the armed librarian knows she's named after a machine gun?  My guess is yes, yes she does.


No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.