Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Digging in the dirt

Decided to take advantage of the first dry, sunny afternoon we've had this week to get some work done on the new fence.

Irish Woman had started a hole by hand before the rain on Saturday, so I finished it out and then used the auger my brother-in-law was gracious enough to loan me to do two more.  Having an auger sure beats doing it by hand.  Especially with all of the roots and such in our yard. Once you get below the grass, it's touch going. 

The three first posts are set in concrete in their holes now. Next evening I have more time, I'll use them to dig and set the other posts.  The hard part is mostly over now. 

Famous last words.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.