Monday, April 5, 2010

A good day

Today was the first day of my vacation with BooBoo.  I have today and tomorrow alone with him, then I share a day with Irish Woman.  Junior Bear is in California for spring break, and Little Bear and Girlie Bear are with their mom.

Today, BooBoo and I slept in until 8, which around here might as well be noon.  Breakfast was served, followed by medicine for him and a bath.  After getting dressed, we went to a coffee shop to get DaddyBear his medicine. 

We then went to Target to get him some warm weather clothes.  He's outgrown almost all of his clothes from last summer, and the clothes that Irish Woman got him a few weeks ago are too nice to play in.  Church yes, sandbox no.  I ended up getting him a couple pairs of shorts, some tee shirts, and a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor tennis shoes.  Yes, my kid wears Air Chucks.  They were good enough for his father, they're good enough for him.

After returning home, we enjoyed a simple lunch.  I had a bowl of tomato basil soup with red pepper flakes and cheese crackers.   He had a soft meal of pear slices, macaroni and cheese, and apple juice. 

Afterwards, we watched a Disney movie and fell asleep on the couch together.  We woke up at about 4:30 when Irish Woman called to let me know she was on her way home. 

I quickly tidied up the house a bit and awaited her return.  We just finished a good dinner, and are looking forward to a relaxing evening at home.

Yes, this was a good day.  I didn't think about work at all, and didn't even check email until a few minutes ago.  Usually I have to spend thousands of dollars to get away from the rat race this completely.  I'm enjoying being a stay-at-home dad for these few days.  I think I could get to like it.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.