Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week With The Kids - Day 2

Today went well, but it was a lot more work than yesterday.

Got myself up a little early and got everything ready for Boo and Girlie Bear's day before getting read for work.  Boo asked where Mommy was when he got up, but didn't have any trouble accepting "She's gone away for a couple of days, and she'll be back soon".  We've prepped him, so this was more of a reminder than anything else.

Work was work, but I was a bit tired all day.  I'm fighting off a head cold, and I didn't sleep well last night.  Luckily, today was mostly project planning and clean-up from my work this past weekend.

Dinner was bolognese sauce I put in the crock pot before leaving for work over pasta and whole wheat Italian bread.  Boo seemed to like it; he looked like an oompa loompa by the time he was done with his plate.  Girlie Bear ate and had a lot of good things to say about school.  She's working hard to keep the good grades she got last quarter.

The crisis of the broken pinball machine was averted when I figured out how to get it out of the error state, which gave me something with which to reward Boo.  He just keeps feeding it quarters and trying to work the paddles.  Luckily, I own the quarters and the game, so all it costs me is time and electricity.

I've gotten the dishes done, done some laundry, got everyone else in bed, and I'm not far behind them.  Hopefully a little of Kentucky's finest in hot water with lemon and honey will help me get some rest.

No sign yet of open rebellion on the part of the kids, but I'm keeping my eye out for any disturbances in domestic tranquility.

Tomorrow will be easier.  I've got everything laid out already, and dinner will be leftovers from the past few nights.  Hopefully things continue to go smoothly.

5 comments:

bluesun said...

Might I just say that I wish I had a pinball machine to reward myself for behaving?

*goes off whistling "Tommy"*

Julie said...

Hope you've feeling better soon. Sounds like you're doing good with the kids and the housework. Well done!

DaddyBear said...

Thanks Julie!

Bluesun - It's a remnant of the mid-life crisis Irish Woman was having when she met me. Sports car, coke machines, pinball games, and a jukebox. Her man cave was something to behold.

Jay G said...

Sounds like you leveled up there DB... ;)

DaddyBear said...

Oh yeah, I definitely married up this time around.

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.