Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No Free Ice Cream Today

Today, I'm joining other bloggers and some major Internet sites in not posting anything in order to protest SOPA.  Basically, if this becomes law, most of the content in the Internet will go away.  If I piss someone off, they will find a way to make what I link to or embed a copyright issue, and my blog goes bye-bye with little to no recourse.

Congress has tabled the bill for now, but nothing stops them from bringing it up later in one form or another. 

Please reach out to your Congresscritters and let them know how you feel about this legislation.  SOPAStrike has good tools and information if you're so inclined.

I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
DaddyBear's Den by DaddyBear is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at daddybearden.blogspot.com.